Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Chaitan


Hey ! Missed the reunion by a couple of days ... catching up on the khabar and on-goings from the blogs is fun - weird, but fun.


Its difficult to sum up 10 years in a couple of paragraphs since we've gone through a roller-coaster of emotions, events in the interim. Let me try and give you a super short summary.



Joined Burnett in 1996 - had no clue what I was getting into (feels the same way at times even now). Working on the P&G account, bunched in with Karthik, Saraff, Papa, Gunu in Mumbai.

Met my wife Mallika in '98 in Burnett and proposed to her really quickly - less time given to think is a good thing ! She's ex-TISS, ex- LSR Delhi. Done her Masters in Psychiatric and Social Work - both departments equipping her to deal with me. We met at the office, proposed over a cuppa (I did the kneel- schmeal ...the whole deal) and the story continues...



Got married in 2000.



Moved to Singapore in 2001 and love it here. Head the regional P&G business across ASEAN, Australia and India. Mallika is a regional marketing director for a creative school called Julia Gabriel and overlooks ASEAN, India and China. Strangely enough I've worked with the company for 10.5 years and still find myself interested enough to stay on.


10 years have been spent falling in love, travelling, setting up home and working our butts off. I exercise regularly and am losing weight (really - thats true if you were to use comparisons vs 3 yrs ago). Paint off and on... dabbling with photography. Mallika has a fantastic voice and she sings regularly. Being in Singapore, we are avoiding the national pastime of 'shopping' - so thats not listed as one of our hobbies. We watch a million movies.


Our latest health watchout is 'stress' - find that a common issue amongst my colleagues and friends.


I am rambling now so I'll stop.


Cheers

No comments: