Friday, January 26, 2007

Somu

I see a lot of people who have signed up for the blog but there are no posts yet from them… I wanted to post immediately on sign up and here it goes…

I almost made it to Karthik’s outliers list in terms of people who have not changed their first job – I was working with Citi for 10 years before I jumped ship in Jul 2006 and have now moved to Yes Bank, a relatively small and growing bank (whenever I tell people that I am working for Yes Bank, they say “yes yes, but which bank are you working for?”). This is the closest that I can get to entrepreneurship and this is completely opposite to Citi in the sense that there really is no rigidity and bureaucracy in here… but I have figured out that sometimes (just sometimes) rigidity does help. But overall, it has been a good six months so far and hope that this will party will continue for some more time.

Got married to Smita 8 years back on this day (we celebrate our wedding anniversary today) and have two lovely children. I don’t know the experience of other parents, but when we had the first child, we were like – oh my god, there is so much work to do, more so because we are not in India where help is available, etc. etc. etc. And now that we have two and we see other parents with one child complaining, we feel as to why they are making such a fuss just for one child.

What next? As of now, the usual chase is on for material things – a bigger house is on right on top of this list. Lets see how things pan out in the coming years.

No comments: